Readstone are proud to announce that we are now officially CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety) Certified! CHAS is established as the market leader for health and safety pre-qualification in the UK and is available to suppliers and to organisations looking for suitably competent suppliers.
Assessing our health and safety competence was a lengthy and time consuming process. However, suppliers such as ourselves can sometimes meet one buyer’s Health and Safety standards but not another. Being CHAS approved reduces duplication as suppliers compliance is accepted by all CHAS buyers.
CHAS assessed us on:
- Health and safety policy statement;
- Organisation for health and safety;
- Specific health and safety arrangements to a standard acceptable to our buyers and to others.
Participating in the CHAS scheme helps both suppliers and buyers.
- Suppliers show compliance with important parts of health and safety law (the core criteria described in the CDM regulations).
- On achieving compliance a supplier is approved to work for all of CHAS’ buyers. (Some Buyers may require “Accredited” Status)
- Inconsistencies are reduced where some suppliers may be judged compliant by one buyer but not another.
- CHAS gives guidance on any weaknesses in a supplier’s safety management, including how they can improve.
- Being a CHAS supplier or buyer saves both time and resources